A LOT happened in 2022. Seriously, Netflix couldn't have picked a better year to do a show on pro golf. Give whoever greenlit that decision a big raise. But no one seemed to be part of more headlines than Greg Norman.
The two-time major champ was announced as the CEO and commissioner of the LIV Golf in 2021, but it was this year when the controversial Saudi-backed circuit really came to life. And the Aussie was there every step of the way. Let's run through most of those steps with this list of 101 things that happened to Norman throughout his particularly eventful year.
1. Celebrated New Year’s Day in the Bahamas.
2. Celebrated one of his wines earning an award … with a glass of wine.
3. Shared a video of himself doing some biceps curls.
4. Shared an arm, shoulder and ab workout.
5. Celebrated his 67th birthday.
6. Celebrated his 12th anniversary with Kirsten Kutner … near an oil rig?
7. Announced a lucrative new International Series on the Asian Tour.
8. Announced the new schedule for the inaugural season of LIV Golf.
9. Announced an expanded LIV Golf schedule for 2023.
10. Announced LIV Golf events would be 54 holes.
11. Was the butt of many “Greg Norman wishes majors were 54 holes!” jokes.
12. Took a helicopter to the PGA Merchandise Show.
13. Went to an F1 race in Miami.
14. Went to Australia.
15. Nearly made a hole-in-one in Australia.
16. Went to London.
17. Went to Scotland.
18. Played the Old Course.
19. Said, “I think I’m going” to play in the 150th Open Championship.
20. Didn’t attempt to qualify for the 150th Open Championship.
21. Was rejected by the R&A for a special exemption into the 150th Open Championship.
22. Was told by the R&A not to come to the 150th Open Championship Champions Dinner.
23. Was asked not to come to the QBE Shootout, an event he founded.
24. Went on Fox News.
25. Went on Fox News some more.
26. Went skydiving.
27. Landed from skydiving at a LIV event.
28. Went deep-sea fishing in the Gulf of Mexico.
29. Drove a Tuk Tuk in Bangkok.
30. Shared video of him doing “commissioner things.”
31. Said Tiger turned down nearly a billion dollars from LIV.
32. Reposted a Forrest Gump spoof about LIV.
33. Reposted an Old School spoof about LIV.
34. Caught a huge fish on Father’s Day.
35. Caught a black mamba with his son.
36. Hit his grandson’s driver off a patio.
37. Went sledding with his granddaughter.
38. Said goodbye to his dad.
39. Said players returned money to LIV after Phil’s comments.
40. Said LIV is still moving forward with eight-event schedule.
41. Gave a putting clinic with Ian Poulter.
42. Gave Scottie Pippen a golf lesson.
43. Hawked nutrients to help people achieve their New Year’s fitness goals.
44. Hawked a drink called Nirvana Water.
45. Hawked a drink called Caddy Cocktails.
46. Went to Super Bowl LVI.
47. Wrote a strongly worded letter to PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan.
48. Began that letter with “Surely you jest.”
49. Added that “This is just the beginning.”
50. Claimed LIV players have been “liberated.”
51. Said he’s targeting seven more PGA Tour players for 2023.
52. Handed out a lot of trophies.
53. Shook a lot of hands.
54. High-fived a lot of fans.
55. Threw out beers to fans.
56. Went to lots of (LIV) parties.
57. Went to D.C. to lobby on behalf of LIV.
58. Reportedly got laughed out of Congress.
59. Congratulated Cameron Smith for winning the Players Championship.
60. Recruited Cam Smith to LIV Golf.
61. Got a mullet like Cam Smith—from Cam Smith.
62. Congratulated Scottie Scheffler for winning the Masters.
63. Couldn’t recruit Scheffler to LIV Golf.
64. Successfully recruited Dustin Johnson and Brooks Koepka.
65. Unsuccessfully (at least, so far) recruited Xander Shauffele and Patrick Cantlay.
66. Wished Trevor Immelman good luck at the Presidents Cup.
67. Got “LOL”ed by Trevor Immelman in return.
68. Appeared on the cover of Australian Golf Digest.
69. Had an ESPN “30 for 30” documentary made about him.
70. Re-watched his infamous 1996 Masters collapse as part of said documentary.
71. Was criticized by Jon Rahm for his “vendetta” against the PGA Tour.
72. Was taunted by Rory McIlroy after McIlroy matched his career PGA Tour win total.
73. Got called out by Rory McIlroy as needing to be fired.
74. Got called out by Tiger Woods as needing to be fired.
75. Responded by saying, “I pay zero attention to McIlroy and Woods.”
76. Was rumored to be fired as CEO and Commissioner of LIV Golf.
77. Had those rumors denied by LIV Golf.
78. Called Brandel Chamblee a “paid talking bobblehead.”
79. Got roasted back by Brandel Chamblee.
80. Had damning text messages with Brandel Chamblee revealed.
81. Had damning text messages with Sergio Garcia revealed.
82. Took a photo with Tom Kim.
83. Got turned down by Tom Kim.
84. Was begged for a LIV Golf spot by John Daly.
85. Turned down John Daly because he’s too old.
86. Announced LIV Golf is coming to Australia for tournaments in 2023.
87. Announced LIV golfers could wear shorts during tournaments.
88. Changed into shorts to make said announcement about shorts.
89. Told LIV players they wouldn’t get suspended by the PGA Tour. (Whoops.)
90. Denied knowing about writer Alan Shipnuck being removed from a LIV event.
91. Was shown to be right there when writer Alan Shipnuck was removed from a LIV event.
92. Provided updates on his golf course project in Saudi Arabia.
93. Said “We all make mistakes” in reference to Jamal Khashoggi’s murder in Saudi Arabia.
94. Said (many times) that LIV golfers deserve Official World Golf Ranking points.
95. Said the interest to broadcast LIV "right now is enormous.”
96. Didn’t say anything when it was reported LIV would pay Fox Sports.
97. Unsuccessfully negotiated with Charles Barkley.
98. Said he was willing to negotiate with the PGA Tour.
99. Said he’s no longer willing to negotiate with the PGA Tour.
100. Helped Saudia Arabia with its sportswashing efforts.
101. Powerwashed his own driveway.