Masters 2020: This amazing new feature will let you watch every shot by every player this week
Golf Twitter personalities are quick to gripe about pretty much everything, but at the top of their grievances is the often frustrating coverage gaps in tournaments.
Well, those people aren’t likely to have anything to complain about at this year’s Masters, with Augusta National rolling out the ability to customize your own featured groups and watch every shot of every player live in one place, thanks to a new feature for 2020 called My Group, available through the Masters Tournament app, powered by IBM Watson. It’s exactly what you think—add any player to your “group,” and you’ll be able to watch every shot from every player on every hole.
For those of us who remember the days of having to wait for the TV coverage to start at 3 p.m., which led to missing some key Masters moments over the years, this allows you to conceivably watch every shot hit at this year's Masters. And it’s the next iteration of last year’s innovation, but breaking it out into its own customized coverage based on what you choose.
Here's what the "My Group" feature looks like.
A year ago, you had to choose specific shots from each player. Now you can pick the players you want to see, and the app will feed them to you as they happen.
Additionally, featured group coverage starts on Thursday at 7:45 a.m., just before Tiger Woods tees off at 7:55 alongside Shane Lowry and 2019 U.S. Amateur champion Andy Ogletree.
Be sure to download the Masters Tournament app in your App Store before the action starts on Thursday—and you can select which players you want to watch. Here's a list of all the tee times.
MORE MASTERS 2020 PREVIEW CONTENT FROM GOLF DIGEST:
• Masters 101—Everything you need to know about the major
• How to watch the Masters on TV and streaming online
• Ranking every golfer in the Masters field
• Our 13 best bets to win the 2020 Masters
• 50 defining moments in Masters history, ranked
• Never say never—An oral history of Tiger's dramatic 2019 Masters victory
• How Tiger Woods plays every hole at Augusta National
• Can Bryson break Augusta?
• 9 things Augusta National doesn’t want to talk about
• The most memorable rules issues in Masters history
• A completely unscientific ranking of 10 Masters traditions
• The 13 best ‘B characters in Masters history