Originally just a social club founded in 1890. Apawamis added a golf course built by Willie Dunn in the early 1900s. The golf course is incredibly undulating with many elevated greens and blind shots. The pinnacle of this is the short par-4 fourth. Guarded by 11 bunkers, known as Eleanor’s Teeth, directly in front of the green, and three more on the right side, it’s a short wedge shot that is vastly more difficult due to the bunkering. The green as well is incredibly interesting with three distinct tiers, if the ball doesn’t land on the tier the pin is on golfers have a tough putt ahead of them. In 2001, Gil Hanse did a restoration and later in 2017 Keith Foster expanded the greens, widened fairways and renovated the bunkers.