The Front Nine
Members of the USA Team pose on stage at the closing ceremonies after the USA defeated the International Team 19.5 to 14.5 to win The Presidents Cup at Harding Park.
1. The U.S. beats the Internationals, 19½-14½, to win the Presidents Cup.
The best thing about the FedEx Cup? It's turned our Cup teams into juggernauts.
2. Fred Couples, though admitting to at least one sleepless night, is triumphant as U.S. captain.
Couples knows how to worry? Really?
3. Tiger Woods and Steve Stricker become first duo to go a perfect 4-0 in one Prez Cup.
Although we aren't sure that was Stricker. We never saw him cry all week.
4. Ryo Ishikawa and Tim Clark are International bright spots in defeat.
The conclusion? Most of the rest of the team was either too old or too tall.
5. It's official: International Olympic Committee votes golf into the '16 Summer Olympics.
At Harding Park we saw golf can be a Winter Olympics event as well.
6. Report: Michael Jordan to build 38,000 square-foot house at Florida golf club.
Big enough for the entire U.S. Presidents Cup team to come visit.
7. Greg Norman and Chris Evert separate after 15 months of marriage.
Even in the annals of Greg Norman, that's a pretty shocking development.
8. Tiger Woods becomes the first athlete to pass the $1 billion mark in career earnings.
No wonder the golf market is flat. One guy has all the money!
9. Arnold Palmer shows off a spruced up Bay Hill.
The question the King has to be asking is: If you rebuild it, will they come?