1. Course setup man Mike Davis received credit for doing what at the U.S. Open?
A) Holding the championship on a public course
B) Being flexible with where he put the tees on several holes
C) Preventing morning fog from delaying tee times
D) Making the USGA actually appear cool for a change
2. What was the LPGA Tour's most controversial move in 2008?
A) Taking over ownership of the LPGA Championship
B) Changing the firm that conducts the tour's drug tests
C) Considering implementation of an English-proficiency policy
D) Giving Carolyn Bivens a contract extension
3. Fact or Fiction: A golf Hall of Fame was opened in Uganda to honor the country's top players.
4. What prompted officials at Bay Hill to replace the greens prior to the PGA Tour's Arnold Palmer Invitational?
A) The hantavirus
C) A drought
D) Sneaking suspicion the old ones wouldn't survive a wild hat-throwing celebration from the winner
5. Boo Weekley was stopped by airport security going to the Mercedes-Benz Championship in Hawaii for carrying what in his luggage?
A) Chewing tobacco
B) Camouflage rain gear
D) A copy of Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales
6. What was Phil Mickelson's explanation for not using a driver during the first two rounds at Torrey Pines?
A) "I wanted to put less stress on my short game by keeping the ball in the fairway off the tee."
B) "They weren't actually going to play the course at 7,643 yards."
C) "I had enough local knowledge not to need the club."
D) "Did you see how far left I hit my drive on 18 at Winged Foot?"
7. Which two legends did Tiger Woods pass on the all-time career victory list in 2008?
A) Jack Nicklaus and Sam Snead
B) Byron Nelson and Ben Hogan
C) Ben Hogan and Arnold Palmer
D) Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden
__8. Fact or Fiction: PGA Tour caddies were banned from practice greens because of overcrowding. __
9. Former Duke golfer Andrew Giuliani sought what when he filed a lawsuit against the school?
A) To get his spot back on the Blue Devils' roster
B) To have his tuition reimbursed
C) To regain access to the school's new state-of-the-art practice facility
D) To acquire front-row seats at Cameron Indoor Stadium for life
10. What two ailments did Padraig Harrington overcome in 2008?
B) Sore wrist
D) Separated shoulder from lifting major championship trophies
11. High winds nearly caused the RA to suspend play during the British Open at Royal Birkdale because officials were concerned that:
A) Golf balls wouldn't stay at rest on the greens
B) Players wouldn't be able to reach the fairway on certain holes
C) TV camera operators wouldn't be able to follow shots off the tees
D) Anthony Kim's belt buckle might blow off and injure a spectator
12. What part of Paul Azinger's strategy was considered most critical in winning back the Ryder Cup for the U.S.?
A) Splitting his players into "pods" based on similar personality traits
B) Encouraging fans to become a "13th man" for the Americans
C) Tagging his squad with the underdog label
D) Getting Nick Faldo selected as European captain
13. Fact or Fiction: The PGA Tour set up seating for spectators to watch players be interviewed in the media center at the BMW Championship.
14. What person's verbal gaffe might have the most future ramifications?
A) Kelly Tilghman's "lynch" comment at the Mercedes-Benz Championship
B) Johnny Miller's jibe that Rocco Mediate looks "like the guy who cleans Tiger's swimming pool" at the U.S. Open
C) Nick Faldo's denouncement of Nike golf balls at the WGC-Accenture Match Play
D) Retief Goosen's implying that Tiger might have been faking how injured he was at Torrey Pines
15. What happened after LPGA pro Stacy Prammanasudh signed an endorsement with a beer company?
A) Her stroke average dropped a shot
B) Lost her equipment deal with Ping
C) She made her first TV commercial
D) She was voted the tour's most popular player at dozens of fraternity houses around the country
16. The man indicted for trying to steal Justin Leonard's identity was caught when he tried to do what?
A) Obtain a copy of Leonard's birth certificate
B) Pick up mail at the post office using a fake Leonard driver license
C) Sell golf balls with a bogus Leonard signature
D) Spray champagne from the balcony at Valhalla during the Ryder Cup victory celebration
17. What streak did not end in 2008?
A) Buddy Marucci going winless in USGA championships
B) Fred Couples making the cut at the Masters
C) Duke winning the NCAA women's championship
D) Michelle Wie getting disqualified from an event for a rules violation
18. Fact or Fiction: A judge ordered Winged Foot GC to close the sixth hole on the East Course after an adjacent property owner complained about damage to his home from errant shots.
19. What was the tipping point in Englishman Gary Wolstenholme's decision to turn pro at age 48?
A) A strong performance at the British Open
B) Being unemployed, living with his mother and needing a paycheck
C) Guaranteed exemptions into a handful of European Tour events
D) Ran out of people willing to listen to his story of how he beat Tiger Woods in the 1995 Walker Cup
20. By the end of the year what was considered pro golf's most heartwarming story?
A) Erik Compton returning to competitive golf after having a second heart transplant
B) Esteban Toledo pulling two passengers from a burning car after witnessing an accident in Los Angeles
C) Seve Ballesteros being released from intensive care after brain surgery
D) Tiger Woods skipping the second half of the season to allow other players a chance at winning the FedEx Cup
21. What did Nancy Lopez have to provide to be allowed to play in an LPGA Tour event after her blood-pressure medication was found to be on the tour's banned-substance list?
A) A list of all medicines she has taken for the past five years
B) An injunction from a U.S. district court judge
C) Two "letters of necessity" from her doctor
D) Her plaque from the World Golf Hall of Fame
22. What was the most surprising thing Greg Norman did in '08?
A) Contend at the British Open
B) Decline a special exemption to play in the PGA Championship
C) Get married to Chris Evert
D) Agree to captain International Presidents Cup team in 2009
__23. Fact or Fiction: Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Phil Mickelson and Ernie Els are the only PGA Tour pros with wins each of the last four seasons. __
24. What punishment did Tripp Isenhour agree to as part of a plea deal after being charged with killing a migratory bird while filming a golf instruction video?
A) Spend one year in jail
B) Serve 40 hours of community service
C) Take a class in wildlife conservation
D) Actually watch his instructional video
25. A study by researchers in Stockholm found that:
A) Men are more likely than women to have the yips
B) After Annika Sorenstam announced her retirement, instances of Swedish families naming their daughter Annika increased 7 percent
C) Playing golf increases a person's life expectancy by five years
D) John Daly was right: You can actually sleep with your eyes open