Eugene Country Club has occupied the same site since H.C. Egan laid out the original course in 1924. But in the 1960s, Robert Trent Jones was retained to upgrade the facility. Trent Jones totally remodeled the 18, reversing the direction of most holes, built long tee boxes, all new greens and stylized bunkers that pinch targets and turn doglegs. Eugene Country Club was always known for its towering Douglas fir trees that framed every hole and added a third dimension to every round. After Trent Jones was finished, Eugene was also known as one of the Pacific Northwest’s most challenging layouts.