Current Print SubscribersQ: Where do I find the app for the Tablet Edition on the iPad? Kindle Fire? NOOK Color TM/TabletTM?
A: You can download the app here:
For iPad: www.golfdigest.com/app
For Kindle Fire: www.golfdigest.com/go/kindlefire
NOOK ColorTM/TabletTM: www.golfdigest.com/go/nook
Please note: Kindle Fire, NOOK ColorTM, and NOOK TabletTM are available in the U.S. only.
Q: My subscription includes access to the digital edition. What is the process to access the digital edition? A: 1. Download the app onto your device.
2. For iPad: Tap the "All Access" tab at the top of the Store, or tap on "My Account" located on the bottom of the app and then "All Access."
For Kindle Fire: Tap the grey button at the top of the app for "Current Magazine Subscribers"
3. Follow Step 1 and verify your subscription by choosing to enter either the name and address on your magazine mailing label or your subscription account number.
a. Enter the requested information:
b. If you choose to enter your name and address enter the spelling exactly as it appears on your magazine label, but enter only the first 5 digits of your zip code.
c. If you choose to enter your subscription account number skip the first three letters and enter the first 10 digits of your account number as it appears on your mailing label.
d. Enter only the first 5 digits of your zip or postal code.
e. If your address is outside of the U.S. or Canada, tap the blue link above the name and address fields that says "Outside the U.S. or Canada? Tap Here"
• Enter your account number by skipping the first three letters of your subscription account code and enter the first 10 digits of your account number.
• Select your country from the dropdown box.
4. Follow Step 2 and create an email and password.
a. If you have already registered on golfdigest.com or another Condé Nast Web site you can use that e-mail address and password by tapping the button on the right hand side of the page.
b. If you have not registered an email and password you can create one by filling in the fields for e-mail address and password.
c. Tap the "submit" button when step 2 is completed.
5. A confirmation page will appear with instructions to return to the app Library to sign-in. Enter your e-mail address and password where it says "Sign in". When the Library is done updating, your issues will be available for download.
For NOOK ColorTM/TabletTM:
1. Simply order your Golf Digest subscription from bn.com or from your NOOK ColorTM/TabletTM using your bn.com account and begin your 14 day free trial.
2. After you submit your subscription order, you will receive an email from Barnes and Noble with instructions on how to link your print subscription to the tablet edition on your NOOK ColorTM/TabletTM.
3. You will need your 10 digit account number to link to your account. Your credit card will not be charged during the 14-day free trial period. Please note, if you do not validate your print subscription within 14 days, you will be charged for your NOOK ColorTM/TabletTM order by Barnes and Noble.
Q: I entered my subscription information but nothing is happening.
A: Be sure that you completed all of the on screen instructions to complete both steps of the registration process then tapped the "submit" button.
Q: I tried to create a login using my email address, but I received an error message that said "this e-mail address is already registered."
A: Please try using that login to sign into the app where it says "sign in" on the upper left corner of the main screen. It is possible that you have already linked your print subscription with a tablet edition.
Q: I have a login using my e-mail address and password from golfdigest.com but I don't remember my password. Can I reset my password?
A: You can email or call customer care for assistance. Visit golfdigest.com/go/appCDS or call us at 1-877-791-9274.
General Tablet Edition QuestionsQ: How can I subscribe and get access to the digital edition?
A: Visit our order form to subscribe and get access to the digital edition.
Q: How do tablet edition subscriptions work?
A: Tablet edition subscriptions will be automatically renewed until auto renewal is turned off. Otherwise, Apple and/or Amazon and/or Barnes and Noble will bill you at the beginning of each subscription period.
Q: Can I cancel a tablet edition subscription and receive a prorated refund for the time remaining?
A: No. You cannot cancel a tablet edition subscription in the middle of the period and receive a prorated refund.
General iPad QuestionsQ: I am having general problems with my app.
A: You may need to restart the application by double tapping on the round home button on the bottom front of your iPad.
The apps that are running on your device will appear along the bottom row.
1. Hold down the icons until they "shake."
2. Tap on the red circle to close the app and reset your application. This does not delete the app, but just stops it from running.
3. Double tap the home button again to return to all of your apps.
4. Re-open the app.
Q: What is iOS 5?
A: iOS is Apple's mobile operating system, which is the software that your iPad runs on. iOS 5 is an update that adds new features and improvements, including changes that affect your Golf Digest app.
Q: How do I update my iPad to iOS 5?
A: To get the free iOS 5 software update, just connect your iPad to your Mac or PC, open iTunes, and follow the instructions.
Q: What is Newsstand?
A: Newsstand is a new feature introduced by Apple that changes the way you access magazines on your iPad. Newsstand is a folder that replaces your Golf Digest icon and keeps your subscriptions in one place.
Q: How do I get Newsstand on my iPad?
A: 1. Get iOS 5 by plugging your iPad into your computer.
2. Tap on your App Store icon and accept the latest update to Golf Digest app.
3. Golf Digest icon on your iPad will disappear. You will now find Golf Digest in your Newsstand folder represented as a cover of the latest issue of Golf Digest.
4. Tap the image of our cover to read the latest issue and access your library.
Q: Why is my Golf Digest app icon no longer on my screen?
A: Once you install the latest version of Golf Digest app and accept an upgrade to iOS 5, the Golf Digest icon on your iPad will disappear. You will now find Golf Digest represented as a cover in your Newsstand folder. To read the latest issue and access your library, just tap the cover.
Q: How do I get my magazine to automatically download?
A: On your iPad, go into your "Settings," click on the "Store" tab, and slide "Automatic Downloads" to the "on" position. You will receive an alert as soon as a new issue is available.
Q: What happens if I don't upgrade to iOS 5? A: If you do not upgrade to iOS 5, you will not see the newsstand icon but can continue to access your issues by tapping on the Golf Digest icon.
General Kindle Fire Questions
Q: How do I contact Amazon App Store Customer Service?
A: Phone: 1-866-749-7771
Email: under the "Contact Us" button under 'Help' on Amazon.com
Q: How does the free trial work?
A: If a subscription contains a free trial, the in-app detail page will display "Free Trial" text under the subscribe button.
You will not be charged if you turn off auto-renewal at any time during the free trial period. If you turn off auto-renewal, you will continue to receive access until your current subscription period expires.
If you do not turn off auto-renewal during the trial period, you will be billed at the end of the free trial period. Your subscription will continue at the regular price using the payment method Amazon has on record for you.
After you subscribe, you should receive an e-mail with the term of your subscription, the length of the free trial and instructions for turning off auto renewal.
You can only have one free trial per subscription.
Q: How do I turn off auto-renewal and manage my Kindle subscriptions?
A: If you wish to update your subscription or turn off auto-renewal, open the Amazon App Store, click menu, and select "My Subscriptions." Alternatively, you can update your subscriptions or turn off auto-renewal on Amazon.com at: amazon.com App Store subscriptions
Q: Can I access the tablet edition on Android devices other than the Kindle Fire?
A: No. Content is only available on the Kindle Fire at this time. Check back with us to learn when it will be available on other Android devices.
Q: Is the Kindle Fire available only in the United States?
A: At this time, the Amazon App Store for Android and associated apps are not available outside of the United States.
International customers who receive the U.S. print edition are able to access the tablet edition by following these steps:
1. Download the free Golf Digest app from the Amazon App Store for Android.
2. Install Golf Digest app to your device.
3. Tap the grey button that says "Current Magazine Subscribers" in the top right hand corner of the app.
4. Enter your 10 digit Golf Digest subscription account number or your mailing address.
5. If you have already registered your print subscription to Golf Digest on your iPad, you can simply sign into the Kindle Fire using the same email address and password.
Q: How can I change my data sharing preferences?
A: Amazon will share your name and billing address with Golf Digest. You can also opt to provide an e-mail address in order to receive communication directly from Golf Digest. At any time, you can update your privacy preferences and opt out of sharing your information.
To update your privacy preferences, open the Amazon App Store, click menu, and select "My Subscriptions." Alternatively, you can update your privacy preferences on Amazon.com App Store subscriptions