The Year in Golf
Our annual quiz after 12 months of entertainment from Rory, Darren, Bubba, Tiger and the rest of the gang
1. Which product did Mark Calcavecchia endorse before he was told it didn't conform to the tour's anti-doping program?
(A) Deer-antler velvet spray.
(B) Aqua Velva.
2. Whose leg hurt the most?
(A) Thomas Levet's, after he jumped in a pond to celebrate winning the French Open.
(B) Carol Lewis', after she jumped in a lake to celebrate daughter Stacy's win in the Nabisco.
(C) Tiger Woods', after a 42 on the front nine in the Players.
3. What happened when Arnold Palmer made his last flight as a pilot?
(A) He flew from Palm Springs to Orlando.
(B) He buzzed Jack's home.
(C) The flight attendant said, "I don't care if you are The King, the pretzels are gonna be five bucks."
4. Ian Poulter revealed he is allergic to...
(C) earth tones.
(d) all of the above.
5. What did Tiger Woods say when he fired caddie Steve Williams?
(A) "Nobody said you were supposed to get rich, too."
(B) "A good friend would have stopped me somewhere along the way."
(C) "Love means never having to say you're sorry."
6. Where did Rory McIlroy's tee shot land on the 10th hole in the final round of the Masters?
(A) Baltic Avenue.
(B) Marvin Gardens.
(C) Go Directly to Jail.
7. Dustin Johnson in the final round of majors keeps reminding us of ...
(A) the ruins of Pompeii.
(B) Germany's record in world wars.
(C) Gomer Pyle with a soul patch.
8. After her divorce settlement from Tiger, Elin Nordegren bought
a 17,000-square-foot home for ...
(A) $12.2 million.
(B) $19.7 million.
9. Elin is dating ...
(A) a billionaire.
(B) the son of a billionaire.
(C) any guy who hates golf.
10. Our reaction when Greg Norman got married for the third time after losing $103 million in his first divorce:
(B) Best wishes!
12. What happened when 1,073 people took a golf lesson at El Camaleón Golf Club in Mexico?
(A) They set a Guinness World Record.
(B) The guy picking up range balls called in sick.
(C) 1,073 people; 1,073 slicers.
(d) Another 1,073 crossed the border.
13. Count Tiger's close friends on tour:
(d) Do you count Mark O'Meara as a friend or a parasite?