By Alex Myers
Matt Jones' chip-in to win the Shell Houston Open and earn a trip to the Masters got plenty of attention on Sunday, but there was another awesome chip over the weekend. And it just happened to come from arguably the greatest athlete of all time.
Michael Jordan holed his own unlikely shot during his 13th annual Michael Jordan Celebrity Invitational at Shadow Creek GC in Las Vegas. Here's proof:
A few observations:
1. Jordan was playing with Wayne Gretzky. The greatest playing with the Great One? Wow.
2. Shadow Creek's greens are really fast.
3. MJ is holding a cigar. Classic MJ.
4. Jordan had his caddie take out the flagstick before hitting his chip. Baller!
5. Jordan's reaction was awesome.
Jordan celebrated in very similar fashion 25 years ago when as a member of the Chicago Bulls he hit his famous buzzer-beater ("The Shot") over Craig Ehlo and the Cleveland Cavaliers in the first round of the 1989 NBA Playoffs:
OK, so his "Airness" had a lot more, um, air back then. . .