Daly: "It was a good 12. I got up-and-down for 12."-- Doug Ferguson (@dougferguson405) March 14, 2014
- In his 1,537 PGA Tour rounds since 1986 (not including the Valspar Championship), John Daly has shot 80 or higher 70 times.
- About four percent of all John Daly's competitive rounds have been over 80, the equivalent of 2.5 every year (high compared to the rest of the tour).
- John Daly has shot 89 once, 88 twice, 87 once, and 86 twice.
- Before the Valspar Championship, Daly had never shot over 89.
- Twenty-one of Daly's 70 rounds over 80 have come in major championships.
- Daly has shot at least one round in the 80s every year since 1991.
- When Daly shoots over 80, his average is 81.6.
- And finally, in recent years, John Daly usually shoots 80 wearing brightly-colored pants.