Five questions I had for my Dad during my first round of golf
By Emma Hunsinger
Last weekend I played a full round of scramble golf for the first time in a family tournament. The whole thing gave me a new perspective on the sport my father loves so much, but it also raised some questions. Below are the five questions I had for my Dad during my first round of golf:
1. So we're playing scramble and we each get 1 Skirt and 1 Mahoney? Are people generally so bad they need all these rules to do decently?
2. This is supposed to be an escape from the wife and kids? How are we more frustrating than this sport?
3. Is there really skill involved here because it feels more like a game of chance?
4. Do you ever just wish you fell in love with racquetball instead?
5. Now that it's over, how much do we have to drink to feel OK again?
Emma Hunsinger's father, Peter, is the president of Golf Digest.