By Ashley MayoThe Masters is always special, but we're about to make it even better. From Wednesday through Monday (April 10-15), we're going to reward you for celebrating the spirit of the tournament via Instagram. Whether you're at the Masters or not, when you Instagram a Masters-related image and tag it with our #GDMasters hashtag, our Director of Photography could choose your snapshot as the "Masters Photo of the Day" and showcase it in our Instagram feed and on GolfDigest.com.
Here's the deal:
1. If you're in Augusta, take photos of your favorite spots (around town, Magnolia Lane, etc.). If you're not at Augusta, get creative. Let us know how you're watching the tournament, or snap images of a Masters cap perched on your golf bag, your homemade pimento cheese sandwiches, etc.
2. Share those images via Instagram and tag it with #GDmasters.
3. The first 20 people who do so each day will automatically receive a Golf Digest Masters lapel pin.
4. Each day, our Director of Photography, Christian Iooss, will look through all #GDmasters photos and select not only his five favorites, but also the one "Masters Photo of the Day," which will be showcased in our Instagram feed and on GolfDigest.com. He'll also explain why he loves the image.
5. On Tuesday, April 16th, Iooss will announce the ultimate "Photo of the Masters," and you'll have legitimate bragging rights for a very long time.
Here a three examples of what we're looking for:
What are you waiting for?